Switch on the Savings with LED Lighting
Light-emitting diodes, or LEDs, is one of the most energy efficient and rapidly developing technologies in lighting. According to the Department of Energy LED lighting uses 75% less energy than traditional incandescent lights. LED light bulbs are rapidly taking over the market and in the process rendering other forms of bulbs obsolete. The benefits of LED light bulbs are unquestionable. If you haven’t switched your business to LED bulbs yet, the delay is costing you.
LED Lighting Facts
Check out these interesting facts about LED lighting:
- LED light bulbs have a lifespan that is 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs. A single LED bulb can run for more than three years if left on continuously.
- Unlike CFL bulbs, LED lighting does not contain dangerous trace amounts of mercury, and are more resistant to breaking or shattering compared to incandescent lighting. For these reasons, LED lighting is much easier to maintain.
- Incandescent bulbs are incredibly inefficient, releasing 90% of their energy as heat. On the other hand, LED lights run much cooler, and are far less likely to combust or catch nearby objects on fire.
- CFL bulbs do not perform well in cold temperatures. LED lights, however, hold up well in temperature extremes. Retail giants and national restaurant chains use LED bulbs in refrigerators and freezers for their ability to perform so well in cold environments.
- Lighting can account for 10% or more of your energy bill. If you haven’t switch to LED lighting, then you are overpaying for light. The Department of Energy estimates that the 49 million LED lights installed in 2012 helped to save around $675 million in annual energy costs. LED technology is expected to cut energy consumption for lighting by 50%.
- LED light bulb prices have fallen dramatically since coming to market. The cheaper LED bulbs, coupled with the energy saving make it a no brainer to make the switch to LED lighting.
- When LED bulbs first came to the stage, the color and design options were very limited. Today, LED light bulbs come in all shapes and colors. In fact, you can even get LED technology in vintage-looking Edison bulbs!
Ready to Make the Switch to LED Lighting?
Are you ready to switch on the savings by switching to LED? From LED bulbs to helping your business be more efficient and green, Just Let Me Do It is here to help 24/7/365. Contact us today to switch to LED lighting. Be sure to check out our blog and follow Just Let Me Do It on Facebook and Twitter for more money-saving tips and ideas.